Base Machine Specifications
5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System (motorized X, Y, Z, A & B axes).
- X axis travel: 24″
- Y axis travel: 24″
- Z axis travel: 24″
- A (tilt) axis range from -100 deg to +100 deg.
- B (rotary) axis range from 0 deg to +360 deg.
Axis configuration: the camera moves in X and Z (above the part) and the part is mounted on the dual rotary stages (i.e. rotary / tilt) that move in Y.
All 5 Axes have closed-loop encoder feedback.
- X axis encoder resolution: 0.25μm
- Y axis encoder resolution: 0.25μm
- Z axis encoder resolution: 0.25μm
- A axis encoder resolution: 0.005 deg
- B axis encoder resolution: 0.005 deg
20X single magnification optical system with extended working distance and extended depth-of-field.
- Working distance: 9.0″ (228 mm)
- Depth-of-field: 1.8″ (45 mm)
- Field of view: 1.7″ (43mm) x 1.2″ (30 mm) = 2.1″ (53 mm) diag.
- Optical system accuracy: better than +/- 0.00015″ (4 μm)
Includes general-purpose dual-source reflected (i.e. front) LED illumination.
The system’s illumination:
- Is all LED-based (for stable and repeatable illumination conditions & results as well as long life)
- Is fully computer-controlled & programmable
- Provides very high brightness to easily handle even difficult-to-image areas
- The system’s dual-source illumination module provides lighting at different angles of incidence (i.e. both near-vertical and low-oblique) for wide applicability across a very broad range of part geometries.
The entire system is run by the VisionGauge® software package:
- Powerful and easy-to-use
- Full 5-axis transforms
- Advanced software corrections with full 3D mapping across the system’s entire work envelope
- Includes a wide range of powerful inspection and measurement tools
- Robust & field-proven, with a broad installed base (over 3500 license in use worldwide)
By default, the machine comes with a standard 3R pallet mounting system. Other mounting systems are also available upon request to allow you to use your existing workholding (thereby eliminating the need for re-fixturing and minimizing stack-up error, etc.)
Model # VG700DOC-30V-XT1-20X 5-Axis Inspection and Measurement System, base machine with 24″ x 24″ x 24″ XYZ travel
Optional equipment (included)
- Adapted NIST-Traceable Stage Micrometer with Certificate of Calibration
- Optional Standalone “Desktop” Software License
- Allows you to remotely view your CAD files, setup tolerances, create automated inspection and measurement programs, etc.
Contact Blackbird at (716) 632-1000 for more information, or to make a purchase offer.