Machine Tools and Supplies
Surplus to the operations of Metal Locking Service, a key provider of cast iron locomotive engine block repairs for GE and Class 1 Railroads (FDL & EVO crankcases), Blackbird Asset Services has been retained to sell the following at auction.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 , 11:00am EDT
Highlights of the auction
- Large selection of taper tooling and milling cutters
- Hyd-Mech S-20A horizontal band saw
- Cincinnati Bickford Super Service portable horizontal drilling machine
- Tsudakoma 4th axis rotary table
- (2) Van Norman Perfect-O 999 portable boring bars
- Monarch 18″ x 48″ lathe with 4-jaw chuck
- Reed-Prentice 14″ x 60″ tool room lathe
- Rogers IT 36 36-inch vertical boring mill
- Bridgeport Series I vertical milling machine
- Mitts and Merrill Keyseater
- Cincinnati Bickford Super Serve drill press
- Toyoda FVN50 vertical machining center
- Rockford F207AS13 28″ shaper
- Thompson 6×18 surface grinder
- Balder 153C pedestal grinder, 1/2 HP
- Milwaukee horizontal mill #2
- Avey twin spindle drill press
- Milwaukee horizontal milling machine
- Betts 96″ vertical boring machine
- Wells Index 747 vertical milling machine
- Abrasive 3-B surface grinder
- Cincinnati 20″ shaper
Everything in this auction sale is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS and WITHOUT RECOURSE.” There are no warranties, guarantees or representations of any kind or variety, whether expressed, implied or otherwise given.
By participating in this auction event, Buyer acknowledges their understanding of the current pandemic as it relates to the use of social distancing from other human beings in order to protect themselves and others. Buyer agrees to practice social distancing (as that term is generally known), to limit their contact with other individuals, to wear personal protective equipment as may be necessary (breathing/face mask, gloves, coveralls), and to adhere to auction day and removal instructions and guidelines as they may be presented at the site. By participating in this auction event, the Bidder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the seller and/or Auctioneer from any and all claims or actions for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to those related in any way to COVID-19 or other pandemic related issues.
ALL PURCHASES MUST BE PAID IN FULL ON THE DAY OF THE AUCTION. All purchases subject to an 18% online buyer’s premium. NOTE TO BUYERS: Please be advised that although you are required to present a credit card to register, we do not automatically charge your card following the auction. Upon receipt of an invoice following the auction sale please contact our auction office at email@example.com make payment arrangements by credit card or immediate wire transfer ONLY.
We will automatically apply New York State and Erie County sales tax (8.75%) to your invoice unless the following conditions apply, and you have submitted the appropriate documentation by one business day prior to the auction:
- New York State Use in Manufacturing: Completed ST-121 and a copy of your New York State certificate of authority
- New York State Resale: Completed ST-120
- Out of state resale:
- Multijurisdiction Uniform Sales and Use Certificate
- A copy of your home state resale certificate
- NY ST-120 (complete part 2)
- Out of state shipment: Multijurisdiction Uniform Sales and Use Certificate and eventual bill of lading
If these conditions are not met by the deadline (one business day before the auction), you may apply for a credit or refund from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance using form AU-11.
Monday, May 17, 9am– 3pm ET
Arrangements for removal of purchased items will be the sole responsibility of the Buyer. Removal of small and hand-carry items will be Wednesday, May 19, 9am–3pm ET ONLY. All equipment requires the buyer to engage an insured rigger to remove the equipment from the property, and all equipment must be removed not later than June 4.
- No forklift is available for removal.
- All lots are to be removed by the buyer and/or their rigger. Neither Blackbird nor Metal Locking will provide removal assistance or rigging.
- Availability at this site will be ground-level loading only.
- We can provide pack-and-ship services for tooling items only for out-of-town buyers for an additional fee, please contact the auctioneer for details.